Re: The X-Member

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The X-Member
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 13:19:04 -0700
The permanent crossmember is part of the unibody and is doubtless critical
to its integrity. While I suppose if you knew what you were about, you could
cut it out, reinforce the attachment points, and engineer a removable
replacement, I can see why Moss wouldn't want to take on this liability;
especially since this situation has existed since day one, and isn't widely
perceived as a problem.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149