Re: Engine side covers

To: Emjaxfl@aol.com
Subject: Re: Engine side covers
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 09:43:45 -0600
When engines suddenly quit running, it's usually an ignition problem.
Are you sure the ignition is firing when it quits?  You could hang a
timing light on the coil HT wire to see that the coil or condenser isn't
heating up and shorting out.

  Are you sure it loads up?  If it does load up it wouldn't suggest a
lean mixture, hence not a vacuum leak.  Also, you'd have to hold the
throttle wide open to make it restart.  You see, the symptoms you
describe are not consistent.

   If it truly is loading up and the ignition isn't failing, I'd look
for a leaking float needle and seat.

   CR

SNIP