OT: Mac Questions

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: OT: Mac Questions
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 14:30:06 -0500
        I have a couple of basic questions about the Powerbook Laptops.  A
friend 's younger brother has to buy one for school, and he had a couple of
questions about the way they operate.

        He is trying to decide if he can afford to buy a bigger hard drive
right now or not, and the following questions came up.  As I am a PC person,
I don't have any answers.

        First, can the primary hard drive in the powerbook be changed by a
normal user?  My IBM anticipates a drive change and they make it easily
accessible and don't void the warrantee if you do it.  How does Apple
approach this?

        Second,  if the drive is changed, does Apple provide restore disks
or operating system disks so you can start over?  Again, I come from the PC
world and restore disks are a normal thing.

        Any other issues about changing a hard drive that we might need to
watch out for, or ways that it is different than a PC?

        Thanks,
        James Nazarian
        71 MGBGT-V8
        71 MGB Tourer