Re: 32 psi?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 32 psi?
From: "Martin C. Galan" <batangelias@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 15:19:28 -0800 (PST)
Back from the Philippine Motor Sports Festival  held at the Subic International
Speedway. I did take the kind advice  from the kind gentlemen in the list. I
started of practice with 32 psi  and experienced massive handling problems
totally unpredictable from  understeer to massive oversteer when pushed. So I
brought the fronts  down to 30 psi and rear to 28 psi. It was a more manageable
car during  qualifying.
          I  had a fun time not having raced at speed in 23 years. There was a
big  grid of 22 cars, a Lola T70, Westfeild Lotus, Lotus 28, 359, 911s,
240Zs, Celicas, Afla, Opel GT, TR4 to name a few. A few Japanese  drivers
joined us for some kamikaze fun. To put a long afternoon short,  2 sprint races
and the only MGBon the grid won first in class.

          There was a friendly open Hill Climb the next day to wind  the
weekend down. Thanks so much for the help again.

          Photos of the event can be viewed at;

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/batangelias/album?.dir=6ae3&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/batangelias/album?.dir=/6ae3

  Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca> wrote:  Martin,

  Yea, yea yea.  Off to the track huh?  Well I am going to get a bloody
  big plastic shovel out to clear a path to get out my snow blower to
  clear my drive.  This allows the municipality's behemoth snow plough
  to roar past on the road and deposit a wall of hard dirty and
  certainly not my   snow, thus preventing me going to the Beer
  Store.   Take my MGB GT V8? - you are joking!!

"