more wiper switch

Subject: more wiper switch
From: "oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 19:18:08 -0600
Hi, all.  more fun to report, and questions too!

the harness looks like this:
              male   female
    yellow  o      (o)  white
    brn/grn o      (o)  black
    red/grn o      (o)  grn/blk
  blue/grn  o      (o)  grn/pink

which is correct as per the wiring diagram.

the switch connector  mirrors this exactly, which is good.

if i connect power to blue green or red green, directly from the fuse box,
with the car power on, i get wipers.  very good!  the motor is working.

if i ground blue/grn, or white, or grn/pink i get light on my test light.
but no wiper.

i would have thought that i would get wiper if i connected blue/grn to
grn/pink, but i don't.  nor do i get a light on my test light.

i also found that when i connect power and ground directly to the washer
motor it sounds like it's working.  it does nothing if i connect it
backwards, and blows a fuse when i drop the power wire (from the fuse box)
and it hits the bulkhead . . .

i am therefore concluding that the switch is bad?  is it possible that the
switch is not getting power and that is the issue?  or rather the harness is
not supplying power, or sufficient power to the switch, and that is the
problem?