RE: Poor brakes - and how to get to them

To: "Gosling, Richard B" <Richard.Gosling@atkinsglobal.com>,
Subject: RE: Poor brakes - and how to get to them
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 09:22:49 -0800
Richard:

Check your rear brake adjustment.  The pedal will have free play until
the rear shoes contact the drum.  If the rear brakes are not adjusted
correctly the free play will be excessive.  An easy test is to pull up
on the hand brake, if this removes the free play you have found the
culprit.

When installing new brake shoes it is a good idea to go back and adjust
them after they have had a chance to bed in.  Often the shoes are not
curved accurately by the manufacturer and they will need to be adjusted
a lot after about 100 miles of use.

Just a thought.

Kelvin.

Behalf
> Of Gosling, Richard B
> Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 2:04 AM
> To: mgs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Poor brakes - and how to get to them
>
> Still trying to sort my brakes out to get Sammy II (formerly Nancy)
MOT'd