RE: Racing down under (vs. US)

To: "Martin C. Galan" <batangelias@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: Racing down under (vs. US)
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 10:04:13 -0800
Martin:

My thought would be to base your rules and regulations on the needs of
your racing population rather than comparing to other existing groups.

Safety is one thing, and a look at the safety requirements of other
groups would be very useful with the understanding that these
requirements may also be based on experience and insurance demands.

The first time a club experiences a fiery crash, you can expect that
fuel cells will be required from that point on.

The intent of the club should always be the rule to live by.  Has the
club been created to exhibit and enjoy historic vehicles, or is it a
highly competitive arena where anything goes to be number one.  This
intent will dictate how restrictive modification and safety coverage
needs to be.  If the former, then one overly competitive type A
personality with money should not spoil the fun for the rest of the
group by taking the first every race.

Just my two bits from the back of the pack.

Kelvin.

Behalf
> Of Martin C. Galan
> Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 5:46 PM
> To: Max Heim; MG List
> Subject: Re: Racing down under (vs. US)
>
>     I was just wondering how much adherence/disregard to the FIA
HISTORIC