Re: Ignition and sparks

To: "paul" <paul.morgan@monifieth.co.uk>, mgb-v8@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Ignition and sparks
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 13:15:57 -0800
Paul,

Very interesting!  Seems all this ignition stuff is cloaked in smoke
and mirrors!   I am still not sure about this match or flaming torch
bit.  It is like dynamite which I used to play with way back
when.  In order for it to go off BANG - you needed a 'cap'.   It
really did not care if you had a dirty big cap or a small one - it
went BANG all the same.

I also would like to know what technology Nology used for its special
capacitor.  It seems it can do things above and beyond just storing energy?

I agree with the multiple spark thing - it really does not make sense
to even try to have more than one spark.  One big one should do the trick.

At 12:37 PM 1/28/2006, paul wrote:
>Found this>  http://www.nology.com/hotquest.html
>
>Most people are not aware that there is no multi-spark at higher engine rpm.
>There just isn't any time for multiple sparks. So what are multi-spark
>ignition systems good for? Maybe it's just a sales gimmick! If the first
>spark is powerful enough to initiate combustion, multiple sparks are not
>necessary. By the way, if a multi-spark ignition system generates 6 sparks,
>which one of the sparks would you want to be the one to ignite the mixture?
># 2 or # 4 or maybe # 1?
>
>A spark, is a spark, is a spark, isn't it?
>No. The hotter the spark the easier ignition occurs and the sooner
>combustion is completed. A spark made by a flint, the spark of a ignition
>system, a lightning bolt, a spark is a spark is a spark? You decide! A
>match, a blow torch or a napalm bomb. What will completely burn, (ignite), a
>one acre parcel of forest quicker?
>
>Paul Morgan Monifieth Scotland

Regards
Barrie