Re: I've got brakes!!!

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: I've got brakes!!!
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 14:09:26 -0800
The big question is, why does it need a servo in the first place? The old
non-boosted single MC stops a B just fine. I don't see why a light car like
that would need power brakes at all.

My other car weighs 3200+ lbs, and has non-boosted, 4-piston disc brakes.
Admittedly, with a lot more pedal effort than the B. But the original owner
was a 5-foot-tall, middle-aged female.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149