LED lights

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: LED lights
From: "allan" <Allan.Thompson@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 21:55:12 -0500
Some time ago there was discussion about the LED Lights from TMI LED
Technology.

I ordered the 1156 'Power Tower white bulb.

There was some discussion about the colouring and brightness and today I had
a chance to try them out.

Thought that you may be interested in what I found!

Firstly, they come on instantly - no slight warm up - even though it is
milliseconds it is noticeable...  Secondly, there is no perceptible heat
from the bulb. Quite different from the normal filament type.

The light output through an orange lens and the red lens was  not noticeably
different from the filament but if there was a difference the LED bulb was
slightly better.

The light showed a bright red through the red lens - and strangely, a
reddish orange through the orange lens.

One of my mountings was downward and the other sideways. There were
reflectors in both fittings and the brightness seemed to be about the same.

Although, I haven't used them at night - waiting for my rebuild to be
finished... I would recommend them without hesitation.

Allan