Re:Trivia Question (not necessarily MG related)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:Trivia Question (not necessarily MG related)
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 09:14:48 EST
Attended a ROOF lunch yesterday (my name for a group - 'racers and other  old
farts' of car enthusiasts who have been involved with racing over the years
and who maintain an interest in the history thereof).

A question cam up - well, a couple of interesting questions, particularly  in
view of some of the injection retrofit discussions going on here.

1.  What was the last new car sold with a carburetor (early 80s  Hyundai Pony
was suggested).

2.  What was the last new car that had point ignition?

I suppose we should stick with cars available to the North American market
so as to exclude some oddball third world vehicle no one has ever heard of (did
 the late model Hindustans - copy of 50s Austins - have carbs....)

We sort of concluded that both points and carbs disappeared in the 80s
somewhere.

Bill