Re: TD spin off filter adapter

To: "dave houser" <mgs4dave@tampabay.rr.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TD spin off filter adapter
From: "S. Allen" <scottallen3663@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 09:59:13 -0500
Supposedly you put a rod through the hole that's in the original adapter and
lever it down until it's loose enough to spin off with your hands...

Unfortunately on my TD the hole was perfectly positioned so that I couldn't
get a rod through it anyway I tried...

So what I came up with is I found a long 1/2" drive socket that I didn't
need and drilled a hole through it.  I put the socket over the adapter, ran
a bolt through the hole(s) and took it off with a 1/2" ratchet.

~Scott Allen
52 TD
74 1/2 BGT