Re: MGB battery size

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB battery size
From: "Simon Matthews" <simon.d.matthews@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 14:28:42 -0800
On 3/21/06, Phil Bates <jello@ida.net> wrote:
> Group 26 - but it's a tight fit.  I ended up standing an Optima on end -
> it's a sealed unit.  Worked great - it's a little expensive though.

A PO of my MGA modified one of the battery trays so that a group 24
battery fits in there. It is huge! The biggest problem is getting the
battery in the opening (betwen the chassis cross-member and the rear
of the opening, around the diff. Actually, the last battery I bought
was a low profile group 24 and this fitted in there nicely.

With such a large battery, I don't have to worry about starting
current or battery capacity. However, it is not exactly original.

Simon