RE: WinSU : Need info on overbores etc.

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: WinSU : Need info on overbores etc.
From: "Scott Beavis" <Scott.Beavis@ametek-online.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:01:37 -0000
Hi guys!

Me again. Thanks to the few of you who sent me some spec/bhp info, sadly not
really enough to properly build modified MGs into WinSU. But, I am about to
release v2.2 shortly, and would like to at least include standard overbores in
the B-series capacity list.

I searched the web for a definitive list of overbore capacities but again this
info seems very elusive. I managed to find one site which told me the standard
bore for the 1800cc (1798cc?) B-series is 80.3mm. By working backwards and then
forwards in excel, I've worked out that the stroke is 88.8mm, and the standard
overbores have the following capacities...

1821cc (+0.020inch)
1844cc (+0.040inch)
1867cc (+0.060inch)
1892cc (+0.080inch)

Can anyone confirm that these values are correct? This info may be in Haynes. I
gave my MGB haynes to the new owner when I sold the car!

Scott