Re: Electrolysis. See the light!

To: paul.morgan@monifieth.co.uk, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electrolysis. See the light!
From: RampantNM@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 17:41:40 EDT
In a message dated 4/4/2006 3:04:31 PM Mountain Standard Time,
paul.morgan@monifieth.co.uk writes:

Rust  prevention.
Having tried the wire brush, 1/2 hour acid treatment, 2 coats  of rust
preventative paint & finally 2 coats of rubberised underseal  only to see the
horrible tin worm raise its head in only 3 months. I think  I may have found
the answer at  http://www.bhi.co.uk/hints/rust.htm.
Some other car people have tried it  & been amazed as can be read at the
forum  http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=9158&page=1

I  don't know if this method has been posted before but its worth
hilighting.

Kevin Valentine on the Spridgets list uses this method extensively (plastic
swimming pool for large parts) and swears by it.  There is a fellow selling
the method on ebay for $5 a pop...I guess you get an email with this URL for
your $5.

Regards,

Robert B. Houston
63 TR4
74.5 MGBGT
73 MG  Midget

b&Reminds me of my safari in Africa, somebody forgot the corkscrew  and for
several days we had to live on nothing but food and water. W. C  Fields