Re: Fuel Prices

To: MG LIST <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Prices
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 23:58:53 +0930
On 19/04/2006, at 11:27 PM, ATWEDITOR@aol.com wrote:

> What is your price these days, Eric?

Oh dear, here we go again.  These discussions get quite difficult
when we try to factor in exchange rates and imperial measurements.

Put simply, we will be paying about $AU1.40 per litre by next week.

The other factors are:

The Aussie dollar is currently worth about US74c.

Now if ONE United States GALLON is equal to 3.785 liters then the
price is $AU5.29 per gallon or converted by the exchange rate,
$US3.92 per gallon.

Now, let's see this calculation get pulled to pieces (hell, I am up
to my fourth class of red wine - shiraz cabernet - and it is midnight
here).

Eric
'68MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia