Re: Speaking of oil prices...

To: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Speaking of oil prices...
From: Bill McLeod <wbmcleod@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 03:07:34 -0700
Most of those trucks, particularly in Arizona (where I live), had the
engine and AC running because the driver was resting or sleeping or
watching TV in the sleeper compartment of the truck.  Most drivers
actually live in their trucks while on the road, going inside the truck
stops for showers, etc.  Diesel engines use very little fuel while
idling.  Many years ago I logged for a living in the Canadian North, and
through the winter we never shut the equipment down because it was
almost impossible to start at 40 below!  14 hours of idling used only 2
- 3 gallons of fuel.

Regards, Bill
Slightly Classics
Tucson