Re: Ethanol, anyone 2

To: lundgren@byu.net, jmc987@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Ethanol, anyone 2
From: RampantNM@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 13:25:22 EDT
In a message dated 5/1/2006 10:55:20 AM Mountain Standard Time,
lundgren@byu.net writes:

Yes you  can convert the car. You will need to replace anything that
comes in  contact with the fuel with a rust proof replacement.
e85fuel.com explains  what you need to do here:

_http://e85fuel.com/e85101/faqs/conversion.php_
(http://e85fuel.com/e85101/faqs/conversion.php)

Why rust proof?  Alchohol will rust steel?  Actually alchohol in  the fuel
will help remove water contaminating the gasoline, and should help  prevent
rust.  Also, not that the 85% is 105 octane and may reduce pinging  on higher
compression engines.

Regards,

Robert B. Houston
63 TR4
74.5 MGBGT
73 MG  Midget

b&Reminds me of my safari in Africa, somebody forgot the corkscrew  and for
several days we had to live on nothing but food and water. W. C  Fields