Re: Redline oil Products?

To: dontoy@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Redline oil Products?
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 08:27:47 -0400
Don,
   I believe it was Skip Kelsey who suggested the Redline products
several years ago.  Skip died recently, sad to say.
   He recommended Redline MT90 in the gearbox and GL 75-90 in rear axle.
I switched to those from conventional oils and have been most pleased
with the difference, the improvement in slick shifting and reduced
cold-weather drag.
   Redline's GL 75-90 is a  GL-5 product.  Some say that GL-4 is better
for the T-series and MGB axles.  Others say it doesn't matter.  Amzoil
makes a synthetic GL-4.
Bob