Re: Replacing 79B brake cylinder -- how difficult?

To: "Keith G." <kger@plex.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Replacing 79B brake cylinder -- how difficult?
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 09:47:52 +0100
Like someone else said 'slave or master'?  If slave they are easy, except
for the circlip which is a fiddle (get a new one), although a tool to press
them on is relatively easy to make depending on how sophisticated you want
to get (http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/wn_brakesframe.htm and click on 'E-clip
Fitting Tool').  The master is more of a fiddle, remove the large rubber
plug in the firewall to get at the fixing bolts from inside the cabin.  And
I'm sure the later split braking circuit with integral servo is even more
fiddly than the single-circuit remote servo master I have had to do.

PaulH.