Re: Chevy hijacks "Rev It Up"

To: ptroot@iaces.com, ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Subject: Re: Chevy hijacks "Rev It Up"
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 10:50:04 EDT
I went the first year; a total hoot!    The second year I signed up and paid
but my commatose uncle picked that week to die.   I went last year.   It was
free and very crowded, and wasn't as much fun.   They had new funky events,
like putting golf balls on a gimbled bowl on your hood   timing you through a
slalom course, subtracting seconds for losing balls.   Another was a speed
course
in which the goal was not to beat a mark or set a mark, but to exactly
duplicate to 1/100th of a second the time of a pro who really wasn't pushing
himself
or the car.   I liked the clinic approach of the earlier versions much
better.   I actually learned stuff about driving.

Jay

In a message dated 5/31/06 10:09:27 AM, ptroot@iaces.com writes:

> Bummer. What did Mazda bring out the 3rd year. I missed
> it. I ran the first year in the 6. But I was on-call on
> the weekend of the second, which were 3's, I believe.
>
> I've heard some not awful things about the Cobalt. Still,
> it's a GM.
>
> Yes, Mazda is 30-40% owned by Ford.
>
> On May 31, 2006, at 8:03 AM, ATWEDITOR@aol.com wrote:
>
> > To all,
> >
> > I got an e-mail inviting me to register for this year's "Rev it up"
> > race
> > "school," a fun thing Mazda has held the past 3 years.   When I
> > went to the site
> > it turns out to be a Chevy function, featuring turbo (maybe blown)
> > Cobalts.
> > How did this come about?   I thought Mazda was a Ford associate.
> >

> > Jay Donoghue
> > 72 B-GT
> > 66 Mustang
> >

> Paul Root