Re: high compression pistons

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: high compression pistons
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 17:47:20 EDT
In a message dated 01/06/2006 2:38:11 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

My 3  main MGB 1800 motor overheated badly last summer due to a lost water
pump  seal.  I'm going to need a rebuild probably this upcoming winter  (the
car is drivable, but has low compression).  Has anyone tried  getting
higher compression pistons for their engine??  I see stock 3  main B motors
are 8.75:1.  I was thinking about bumping it just to  9:1

The normal step to take on these is to use flat  top pistons (the normal ones
are dished) which puts you into the 9.5 area - a  useful bump but not enough
to cause any problems running 92 octane.

Bill