Re: Other British Things

To: MGMagnette@aol.com
Subject: Re: Other British Things
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 11:55:34 -0400
In this household a few things British come to mind:
        The King Dick Ajustable Spanner  (useless tool)
        A Three Squires, Nottingham, bicycle circa 1950
        A Raleigh bicycle, circa 1955
        An Ian-Proctor designed Intl.Tempest sloop
        Asst. books of British boatbuilding and sailing
        Wedgewood place settings
        English Cocker Spaniel
        St George stained glass miniature from Wells Cathedral
        Box of 1/2 pennies, pence, tuppence, shillings,  and notes
        Book of bios of tool builders, including Mr Whitworth
 and a belief that the events of 1776 were good British citizens
rebelling against a German king.

Bob

On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 21:08:24 EDT MGMagnette@aol.com writes:
> How many of you have gone beyond MGs and other British cars to
> sometimes  buy  things just because they are British?  I wanted to see
British cars