Solved - Air Cleaner Assy. Bolts

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Solved - Air Cleaner Assy. Bolts
From: "Daniel Williford" <williford@verizonmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 18:32:35 -0500
PO took the liberty of cutting 5/16 x 18 threads into the original 5/16 x 24
mounting holes on the carbs. At least he was consistent (all 4 are recut). He
must have known they were easy to find at Home Depot.... (purchased 4 today and
now have mounted air cleaner assys.)

Thanks-
Dan

Purchased a set of original cans that hold the air filters for my 71 BGT
equipped with AUD493 HIF (not original HS) carbs.

They came with bolts, but the bolts will not fit into the flanges on the
HIFs... I believe they are 5/16. any one know the thread pitch?

Thanks in advance-
Dan