Re: Grounds

To: Daniel Williford <williford@verizonmail.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Grounds
From: Hans Duinhoven <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 16:58:51 +0200
There are some suspects Dan:

1
The ground of the voltage regulator itself - it's supposed to be mounted and
making ground contact with the car's body.
In my '71 GT it's mounted onto the firewall near the headlights switch.
2
Some common grounds are connected under the round nuit holding one of the
gauges to the dash.
3
Check various connectors feeding the voltage regulator - the black
receptacles for the bullet connectors are prime suspect. The bullet
connectors are easily to be checked for lose solder joints.

Cheers,

Hans

'71 BGT