no headlights

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: no headlights
From: dave houser <mgs4dave@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:44:41 -0400
I know we've touched on this before but bear with  me. Came back from
MG2006 without headlights in my 67 BGT. Great time, though.  When we got
there, I noticed the lights were dim but never used them again, just the
running lights which work. Brake lights, directionals, dash lights all work.
That was quite a return trip up and down through the Great Smokeys
without lights at 6 in the morning! Got home and have been checking the
wiring since.
Pretty sure it's a ground somewhere. Did notice that the passenger
headlight plastic three prong connector where the bulb plugs into was
melted!  Driver's side connector ok. I am running Hella Halogen H4's. I
have a 96 amp alt. installed.
Checked the 3-wire ground connector above the oil cooler under the front
cross brace. Seemed ok. Where are the other ground connections for the
headlight circuit?
cheers,
Dave Houser