Re: Insurance Help Needed

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Insurance Help Needed
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 18:43:24 -0700
I actually got rearended in the MGB a few weeks ago. Just heading to the
neighborhood muffler shop to get a leak fixed, stopped at the very first
light from my house, and some guy in a Corolla (or other late-model
jellybean generic riceburner) who apparently wasn't looking out for traffic
lights or other obstacles, just kind of drove right into me, albeit at a
very low rate of speed. I was watching in my mirror so it didn't jerk my
neck. He was very apologetic about it, and his car definitely got the worst
of it -- my $4.95 chrome exhaust tip punched a cookie-cutter hole in his
plastic fascia (his license plate was also folded over). He might have
pushed my bumper in and twisted it down just slightly, but it's hard to tell
since it wasn't straight to start with. It looked like I could just loosen
the bolts and pull it back out, and the bodywork back there is just a maze
of cracked bondo anyway, so I let him go.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149