Re: Insurance

To: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>,
Subject: Re: Insurance
From: "Eugene Balinski" <eugeneb@nni.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 10:34:37 -0400
I just signed up with Hagerty.  They did ask for my
odometer reading, and an estimate of the distance that I
drive.  Based on my historical information, I gave them a
nominal figure of 3,000 miles per year.  This includes a
winter lay-up from first snow until the salt is gone off of
the roads.

They did issue me my insurance ID cards, but they never
said that I was limited to the mileage as quoted.  Now, I
have note received the policy in the mail yet, so my
mileage may vary (so to speak).

In any event, I believe that they will work for me, and
they are significaltly cheaper than my other carrier which
had no agree-upon value, and I learned later, no fire or
theft.

Bottom line, READ your INSURANCE policy especially with
regard to classic/antique/exotic cars.

  One other item - to the above point, I found an
interesting article on the Morgan and Briklin list about an
insurance problem  with a large national insurance company
(not a classic speciality co) that a classic car owner ran
into when he went to make a claim.  It seems that there
were language changes in his policy verses what he was told
at the time he bought the policy, and I do not believe that
he was able to collect. I will post it later.....

Gene

80 B

http://www.nni.com/