Headlight trouble, grounding points

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Headlight trouble, grounding points
From: wkilleffer@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 12:16:17 +0000
Hello,

While doing a test drive last night, my headlights both quit working. All the
other exterior lights stayed on.

I checked their connections inside the buckets, and all was well with the
colored wires. The black ground wires were well attached to their places on the
wiring harness, but I don't know where they go from there. Where are the
grounding points for the headlights?

Also, can the dipswitch on the turn signal switch cause headlight trouble? They
came back on this morning after I wiggled the switch a bit. The high beam flash
feature hasn't worked in a long time. I wiggled the switch when I saw a very
faint glow from the high beam warning light.

It's just as well they started working as it's raining here this morning.
Couldn't help but wonder about the XJ12 I saw on the way in that had no lights
on except the left side fog light.

Thank you,
William Killeffer
1974 MGB