Re: Leak

To: Batans List <members@batans.ca>
Subject: Re: Leak
From: Malcolm Jeffcock <msjeffcock@eastlink.ca>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 08:46:12 -0300
Listers:

                I have a 74 MGB. I don't often drive it in the rain but when I
have I had noticed major water coming into both footwells. About two weeks ago
I undertook a serious search and thought I had found all sources--passenger
side DPO had put the antennae through but no grommet in a hole about the size
of a quarter. Found a few missing grommets on drivers side as well.
Thismorning it is pouring in Truro and the B was in my driveway. I have quite
a bit of water under passenger side. I can't see where it is coming in but it
is dripping down the underside of the dash to the right of the glovebox. It is
coming down that curve and dropping onto the floor. Wndshield was replaced
about 4 years ago just when I got the car...could it be related to that
replacement? No water pressure at the moment with just rain fall so that is
what is a puzzle-without pressure from driving at speed there must be a major
"hole" to allow such an inflow but yet I cannot see anything up inside as a
source. I trickled the others with light, bright source in a dark garage and
it get a bit easier to see miniscule gaps and also missing grommets! I am a
way for a couple of days so look forward to answers!

alcolm