MG in Oklahoma

To: "MG Club Philadelphia" <Philly_MG_Club@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: MG in Oklahoma
From: "James Schulte" <schultejim@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 23:29:33 -0400
This is part of a string I wrote on the MG Enthusiasts site under MGB General.
Some interesting chatter going on about MG/Oklahoma/China.

Allen,
Some interesting observations but I must tell you I had 4 young folks over
last weekend working on their Scions. They replaced the springs and tires on
my daughters (age 24) XA 2004 to lower it 1 1/2". They modified the front of
Dustins (age 24) XB 2006 for fog lamps and detailed all the cars for a car
show in New Jersey the next day including Zachs (age 17) XA 2006. By the way,
the Scion models are XA (base price $14,000), XB (base price $16,000), and TC
($18,000). Doesn't all this sound familiar? Toyota did their homework back in
2002 and researched the 16-26 year olds and came up with these three models.
The dealerships can modify these base cars with some incredible up grades that
are very reasonable. The kids have "get togethers" or shows like us. Scion has
conducted contests where teams (clubs) compete to trick out a new Scion and
gives the teams $15,000.00 to do this. The winning team is given a trophy and
Scion takes these cars to different events to display them. Pretty neat
marketing.
So my point is, if MG/China or MG/Oklahoma whatever, does their homework like
Scion/Toyota did, it will be successful with the young crowd. I also agree
that a retro MG V8 would be really cool. I really liked the one at the Park
Vista Hotel at MG 2006.
If this thread is read by anyone from MG of Oklahoma or China or where ever,
I'm extending an invitation to bring a proto type or first run MG in the
US/Oklahoma to MG 2008 at Valley Forge. What better place to introduce your
new MG. After all, George Washington was one of the first Americans that
believed in World economy and the British were involved at that time if my
history lessons were correct (-:
Let this also be an invitation to all MG Enthusiasts, make sure you come to MG
2008 at Valley Forge, PA in June, cause it's going to be a Revolution!!!!
Jim Schulte
Co-Secretary of the Philadelphia MG Club
Co-Coordinator of MG 2008
www.phillymgclub.com<http://www.phillymgclub.com/>