Re: Thermometer

To: "Barrie Robinson" <barrie@look.ca>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Thermometer
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 20:31:45 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Barrie Robinson" <barrie@look.ca>
To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>; <mgs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 6:21 PM
Subject: Thermometer

I thought I would just mention this as we have had a lot of chat
about overheating.   I found at Princess Auto (Barrie, Ontario) a
laser (remote) thermometer.  It is tiny and really very well thought
out.  You just point and click - viola - the temp.  So I can now
easily check the rad & block because one never knows if the gauge is
being truthful !!!

  I am going to test it against boiling water
....should say 100 degrees yes !

======================

Should say 100 degrees, NO!

Should say 212 degrees, YES!   ;-))

Larry Daniels

79 MGB LE
72 Midget
60 Bugeye
67 Austin A60 Pickup
"You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it
doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it
shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape."