Re,: MGB Alloy Head

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, <fogbro1@comcast.net>
Subject: Re,: MGB Alloy Head
From: "Norm" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 19:30:21 -0400
Ed:

One caution - if you go with the cross-flow head be prepared for a LOT more
power from idle on up.

I replaced a Sasco-modified c.i. head that was good from 3,000 rpm's up with
a cross-flow alum head.  It was great.  It was as if I had another engine in
the car from idle to 3,000.  And, that was with 1-3/4" SU's on a tired old
engine.  I have wanted to put a pair of 45 DCOE's on it.  But, no time as
the head now on my B is one built by Fab-Tek in conjunction with the rest of
the engine.  This engine is a screamer.  Estimated hp is 145 to 155.  It
turns 7,000 rpm's with ease.  In fact at Watkins Glen, it seldom got below
4,000.  Had it out yesterday just to listen to the music it makes at high
rpm's.

This is the B that is for sale.

Looks like I'll put it on eBay soon.  It's got to go.  No room for all of
the spares.

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB