Re: MGAguru.com struck by lightening

To: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: MGAguru.com struck by lightening
From: Paul Root <ptroot@iaces.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 08:34:59 -0500
I just got back from camp with my oldest. The first night
he was up, before I got there, there was a lightning strike
at the camp. About 2.5 miles from his site. We hiked up
there on Thursday. About 1 1/2 acres are burnt. Very
little rain, and a State wide fire ban. Made for a very
different campfire.

Glad your ok Barney. Makes me feel like I should pagesuck
your site and archive it somewhere. :-)

On Jul 26, 2006, at 8:19 AM, Dan DiBiase wrote:

> Wow, glad to hear that you (an MGAWA) are both okay....  Couple
> kids were struck and killed by lightning here in NJ this  week-end
> while running to cover during a storm. Seems like this happens
> with more frequency these days, or at least, maybe it's reported
> more  often......
>
>   Slightly OT - my younger son is at his second Scout camp this
> week, and  when I was dropping him off Saturday I was shown the new
> lightning  detector that the camp has. That is certainly a good
> investment!
>

> Dan D
> The Garden State
> '76 MGB Tourer - Driver - "On the Road Again....!"
> '65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, still is....
> '04 Audi A4 1.8T q MT-6 - quattro, baby!
> NAMGBR #5-2328
> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dibiase/Working_MG_Gallery.html

Paul Root
ptroot@iaces.com