Re: Where did it go

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Where did it go
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 09:54:37 -0700
Not really a big surprise...

The stuff is a little volatile and will evaporate eventually if spilled on
the ground. But it is fairly evident that you have some leaks.

Start by inspecting the flexible hoses. Then I might look at the rear brake
cylinders and the clutch slave cylinder.

The master cylinders go last, because they are the biggest pain to deal
with. But if they have sat dry for a considerable period of time, it is not
unlikely that the seals have dried up and they will leak internally when
refilled. But you might as well top them up and try them.

To sum up:

Best case -- no obvious leaks, top it up and go (for a short time until the
problem manifests itself)

Worst case -- replace all hydraulic components

More likely -- obvious leak in flex hose and/or wheel cylinder/slave
cylinder, quick fix.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149