RE: Headlamps on 79 B Roadster.....

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Headlamps on 79 B Roadster.....
From: "DON SCOTT" <rowdon@sonoma-county.org>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 13:04:09 -0700
I had a '74 B roadster that had halogen headlights fitted by the prior
owner.  I kept replacing failed light switches until I installed a
relay.  Older MGs have fuses for all the electrical accessories, but not
for the headlights!  I had a fire behind the dashboard of an MGA as
proof of this minor BMC oversight.  I'm not sure if this was corrected
on later MGs.  I'd have to say that the lack of appropriate fuses and
relays is one of the reasons that British car electrical systems get a
bad rap.

Don Scott
'62 MGA
'91 Miata BRG
'92 Integra GSR

>>> "Gosling, Richard" <r.gosling@penspen.com> 8/7/2006 8:51:55 AM >>>
In the last 27 years it would be surprising if your headlamps HADN'T
been replaced, likely more than once.

I can't confirm what the originals would have been.

Richard & Sammy ('73 Black Tulip BGT)

privileged. If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender
by return E-mail and delete this message from your system. Any
unauthorised use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is
strictly prohibited. Please note that E-mails are susceptible to
change.

The Penspen Group shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete
transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for
any delay in its receipt or damage to your system. The Penspen Group
does not guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been
maintained or that this communication is free of viruses, interceptions
or interference.