RE: MGA Turn Signal Flasher

To: "'Mike Razor'" <mrazor@bellsouth.net>,
Subject: RE: MGA Turn Signal Flasher
From: "Charley Robinson" <charleyrob@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 23:28:04 -0400
Mike,
If you've maxed out the adjustment on the screw, you can try taking the
screw completely out and then stuffing a little cotton for a cotton ball or
the end of a Q-Tip into the hole and then reinserting the screw. The amount
of cotton you stuff in there should affect how long the switch stays on. If
not, you'll need to remove the switch and open it up. You'll find a leather
diaphragm inside that may be dried out. You can try to revive it by rubbing
some Vasoline on it. If that doesn't work, you may have to replace with a
small scrap of leather cut to the appropriate shape. While you have it open,
dig out all the old compacted cotton and replace it with some fresh cotton.

There was an article on the internet somewhere that when into greater detail
but I'm unable to located it for you right now. If you continue to have
problems, let me know and I'll try to find it for you.

Charley Robinson