Re: MGA Temp Guage Problem

To: "Michael LoSapio" <myklos@stny.rr.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGA Temp Guage Problem
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 14:15:57 +0100
Your problem is that you have a 'guage', whereas your MGA should be fitted
with a 'gauge' ;o)

Normally these read low when they start to fail, but I have seen my V8 gauge
read well into the oil pressure section when the steam pipe became blocked.
I don't think an MGA has anything like that, but maybe you have another
source of localised boiling.  Steam has a much higher latent heat than water
at boiling point, so overall the cooling system may not be overflowing.
Could also just be an air-lock.  Done anything on the cooling system lately?

PaulH.