Throttle linkage lube

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Throttle linkage lube
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 11:39:05 -0700
I was just diddling with the carbs, and I was having trouble with them not
always returning to idle. One thought was that they needed new return
springs, but it occurs to me that perhaps I need to lubricate the shaft
pivots. After cleaning things up, I had thought that the oil was just
attracting dirt and grit, but now I'm thinking that perhaps a spot of grease
at the ends of the shafts would help them pivot freely. This is probably in
the manual, but right now I'm thinking of it and I'm at the computer...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149