Re: Tri wipers

To: "Gordie's Garage" <mg_garage@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: Tri wipers
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 21:36:23 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Gordie's Garage" <mg_garage@comcast.net>
To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2006 9:13 PM
Subject: Tri wipers

A new club member stopped by this eve with his B roadster.  He bought it in
Canada and we noticed only 2 wipers.  That started the discussion as to
whether the triples were US only, or if someone had just removed the center
one on this car.
What say ya Brits?

Safety Fast!

Gordie Bird
'62 MGA
'67 MGBGT

===========================

Gordie, my understanding is that this was a U.S. safety regulation from
sometime in the late 60's that required a certain number of square inches of
swept area.  Given the height of the MGB windshield, they could only meet
the regs with a third wiper.

Larry Daniels

79 MGB LE
72 Midget
60 Bugeye
67 Austin A60 Pickup

"You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it
doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it
shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape."