Re: Girling Rubber Grease

To: cat_tail@comcast.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Girling Rubber Grease
From: don <don@napanet.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 21:05:51 -0700
Thanks again for the tip.  I use graphite grease on metal pieces and
threads for the same reason, so I can take it apart again should the need
arise.  I got wise to this with sparkplugs especially when installed on
aluminum heads.  On cars I've bought that have not had good care, this is
one item that is scary- plugs that have been in place for years and were
not put in with graphite (or copper) lubricant on the threads.
I love British cars but I seem to be moving over to older Japanese ones.  I
wish there was the quality of owners and comraderie that there is for old
British sports cars with Japanese cars.  The "tuners" of the little Civics
and Integras are a different mindset than the folks that are into
MGs.  Some of it is the age of the people, but I think that there is more
to this than just age.  Miata people are more like the MG people as I think
that many Miata owners had owned British sports cars at one time.
Don Scott
'62 MGA
'92 Integra GSR
'91 Miata BRG