MGB Electrical Systems

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB Electrical Systems
From: "Scott Bonacker" <lister@bonackers.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 14:05:19 -0600
When I heard it was available I ordered a copy of MGB ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS by
Rick Astley.

To celebrate the fact that it is FINALLY RAINING here in SW Mssouri, I've
been looking through the book to see what I can find out about my
intermittent starting problems: Click, silence. Repeat.

I gotta tell you, the book is good. If I was an electrical engineer much of
it would be boring - but I'm not, so it goes a long way towars educating me
about terms used, and the whys and wherefores. The turn of phrase is very
good reading, the explanations and color pictures are very clear.

I especially like the chapter that describes the wiring harness and the
color codes used on the wires. What does it mean when there is a light blue
line on a red wire? Or any subsidiary color on a base color? The book
explains that and more.

This is a part of the MGB experience that I like.

Scott Bonacker
1977RBB