Clutch slave piston, MGA early MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch slave piston, MGA early MGB
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 20:55:43 -0500
Since I don't have a spare in hand, can somone tell me if the MGA
(and early MGB) clutch slave cylinder is supposed to have a steel or
aluminum piston?  I have a report of one with an aluminum piston
which was so badly worn as to be cocked out of position enough to
blow the cup seal and instantly release the fluid.  I have never seen
one with a piston worn in that manner.  This sounds to me like it may
be some home made piston, and maybe badly made at that.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com