Electrical answers (was: Electrical questions)

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Electrical answers (was: Electrical questions)
From: "Philip Jones" <philip.s.jones@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 21:06:54 -0700
Hi all.  Helped my Dad on his car today ('74 GT);  this is the situation
where I asked the list what could cause the tach to jump to ~3000 rpm when
the ignition was on, and suggestions as to why the starter was not engaging.

The list came through!  The tach was indeed a result of a battery charger
being on the car; and the lack of starting was due to (1) bad ground cable,
and (2) battery low on water.  The car jumped to life after we addressed
these items; and there are only a few more things to button up before
another LBC is back n the road.  Thanks to Paul Hunt, Barney Gaylord,
Richard Gosling, and Charles Robinson for your spot-on diagnosis and
suggestions.

Phil