Re: MGA Key Blanks

To: rjglaw@swbell.net
Subject: Re: MGA Key Blanks
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 09:12:02 -0400
  Pete Groh has made keys for my TD using original blanks and the # on my
original key.  I can't locate his contact info at this moment, but you
can find him with internet search.  He's a pleasant person to do business
with.
  Rite Lock & Safe, Skokie, Il,  847-676-0046, advertises "keys made for
old cars"  in the MGB Driver.  I don't know them; haven't ordered from
them.
  At many hardware stores you may find a Curtis blank that will fit, but
the problem one faces with hardware store keys is that they are copies of
your old key, copies that copy the worn shape of your key.  If the key
maker can make a new key from factory punch codes it will be better than
the one you have; in effect, it's a new master key for your car. He will
need from you the letters & numbers on the key or lock cylinder.
Bob