Re: MGs are why I exist

To: "Larry Colen" <lrc@red4est.com>
Subject: Re: MGs are why I exist
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 19:50:53 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry Colen" <lrc@red4est.com>

However, by the time I'd been conceived Dad had traded the MGA on a '58
vette, where he'd selected every race option available. The car would pass
anything but a gas station. Dad says that he'd had a tuning problem that the
local dealer couldn't handle, so they sent him off to have the factory race
mechanics look at it when they were at a nearby track. On his way home, he
said he shifted from 3rd to 4th and chirped the tires, at
100MPH.

Wow, they must have looked at it pretty hard.  According to my Corvette
Black Book, the strongest engine in 58 was a 290 horse 283.  My 65 with a
"considerably" warmed over 327 would have been hard pressed to chirp them at
100.

Larry Daniels