Re: Need two measurements for an MGB trunk (boot) support...

To: "Desmond Mullen" <dkmullen@email.unc.edu>,
Subject: Re: Need two measurements for an MGB trunk (boot) support...
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 16:27:13 -0000
Maybe there is a problem with the hinges or something else that stops it
opening as far as it should, hence the shorter stay, hence the 'proper' stay
doesn't fit ... or maybe your spare is for the bonnet ...

There *were* two stays for the MGB boot, but the first was a plain rod which
was changed to the telescoping type for the 71 model year and didn't change
after that.

If I had my 73 here I'd measure it, the bonnet stay *is* a different item to
the boot stay, so no point in measuring that on my 75 V8 GT.

PaulH.