Re: Was RE: Wallpaper, now embroidery patterns

To: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>,MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Was RE: Wallpaper, now embroidery patterns
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 14:36:34 -0500
Max,

My wife gets sweat shirts etc from the local shop who does logos on
them.   I once asked what it world cost to have my university logo
(quite fancy) embroidered on a shirt because he was doing several
with embroidery for a number of customers.  I cannot remember the
price but I do remember thinking that it was not bad even if I just
had two made.  I will ask him on Monday.  When you come to think of
it, it would be easy to scan then enter into a software program to
produce the file to run in an embroidery machine.

At 05:53 PM 12/9/2006, Max Heim wrote:
>I was under the impression that Moss sold MG-logo embroidered polo shirts,
>caps, long-sleeve denim shirts, and other items. Perhaps I was mistaken.
>
>It seems to me that the logo would be extremely simple to work out on graph
>paper -- it is entirely composed of straight lines, and very symmetrical. I
>gather that embroidery software uses a similar sort of grid.
>
>One might consider, however, that there still exists a business entity with
>the rights to the MG name and logo. Not that they are likely to bust you for
>unauthorized use on a tea cozy; but then, the RIAA is busily prosecuting
>students and grandmas over music copyrights, so...
>

>--
>
>Max Heim
>'66 MGB GHN3L76149
>If you're near Mountain View, CA,
>it's the primer red one with chrome wires
>

>on 12/9/06 2:34 PM, Howard Battan at battanhr@comcast.net wrote:
>
> > I've never seen such items advertised. I don't want the patches, I want the
> > file so we can make our own (not for profit).

Regards

Barrie Robinson
705-721-9060
MGB GT V8
Aston Martin DB 2/4 MkII in the wings
http://www.britishv8.org/MG/BarrieRobinson.htm

PURVEYOR  of O-ring kits for Smith and Jaeger gauges
                         Stainless steel mesh grilles for MGBs
                         High-tech sound deadening materials
                       .........and Exotic wood gear lever knobs