MGB Overdrive Transmission ?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB Overdrive Transmission ?
From: Paul Osborne <paul@ece.rochester.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 09:20:33 -0500
Hello, I have not posted to this list allot  but it has been a very
informative.  I purchased an OD trans for a good $ at at an estate
sale along with the engine.  A 18 GH  engine that has just had a full
rebuild and not installed and a LH type OD transmission still very
dirty and looks like it was ready to be cleaned up , mated to the
engine and installed in the 1970  B that was sold the day before.
Anyway, my concern is how can I tell the condition of the OD trans
with out installing it and hope that it is ok?  the trans it self
looks to be ok. I have rebilt 2 of them before, and the inside of
this one looks very good. Other than the few chips on the reverse
gear , all the syncros and gears look good.
Who on the list knows about the OD units?   Thanks for the help.

paul
--
Paul Osborne
University of Rochester