Re: MGB

To: tburgin1@cox.net
Subject: Re: MGB
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 15:57:19 -0500
    Are you required to meet certain emissions levels in your state?   If
you are, then those govern, but if you are not, you set the carbs in the
usual way by lifting the pistons and judging engine speed/sound.   Within
some range, if it runs right it will be right for emissions.
    Here in CT, for example, the original test was done at idle speed.
We all struggled to get out cars to pass that test.  In later years, the
test was done at 2000 rpm ( or something in the normal driving speed
range ) in gear on a set of rollers.  When the test was done at normal
operating speeds, only poorly-running MGBs would not pass.
Bob